6/6- surgeon follow up thursday

big day today. i had another surgeon appointment. i was scared of home poking around in my mouth again. but it went ok.
 
the highlight of my day though was "brushing" my teeth at work. i bought a second baby tooth brush to leave there. but i still had a hard time. slobbering everywhere. i was worried about how clean my teeth were. you know how you feel when you go to the dentist. you know they are going to tell you to floss more and such? i had no idea how clean my teeth were. still haven't explored much. too scared of what i will find. 
 
the surgeon said  everything looks great. he even made things lightly better by taking off the front band. so now i only have two!! it felt really weird. it was a little refreshing. i hope it helps with the talking. and it should help some of the sores near where the front band was heal faster now that they are not rubbing up against the band.
 
i finally remember to ask him about the weird sore and lump under my skin between my eyebrows. he kind of laughed. he said he though he told me... or at least my mom. but i can't remember that. he proceeded in telling me that they use a small metal pin to help measure and line up what they are doing. OMG!! i for sure would have remembered him telling me they put a pin my my forehead. oh well. i have a little lump under the skin that he said should go away if i rub on it occasionally. and i now have a story for the new scar.
 
he then told me to make an appointment with my orthodontist for next week. then make one to see him the following week. joy. onward and upward, right?
 
i got home and settled in... with a glass of wine. my first glass since surgery. i was excited about this. but nope. it actually burned to drink it. plus it was hard. i refuse to drink wine out of my rubber tip bottle or a sippy cup. so i also ended up getting it all over myself. just wasn't enjoyable. poo.
 
look! my front top teeth are out in front of my bottom ones!!!
 
 
and more mince meat ( and if you look closely, a stitch) 

No comments:

Post a Comment