6/24 - five weeks!!

can't believe it's been five weeks. i really have been fortunate with my surgery i think. i really haven't had any extremely low moments and really no complications. now, don't get me wrong there were a couple days/nights those first couple of weeks that i really second guessed my choice of having this surgery. but i feel i have come a long way.

i am excited about the next few weeks and learning to chew again. talking without the bands has been an adventure. my jaw seems a little confused and lost in it's motions. but i am sure it will be fine with time.

my teeth touch in ways that they have never touched before. that feels weird in so many ways. you know how the edges of your tongue kinda has a specific shape that over time has confirmed to the spaces between your teeth. well, now those areas have changed. so even the sides of my tongue feels weird. i wish i could explain the odd feelings that are happening inside my mouth, all around my nose and my puffy, somewhat numb cheeks.

i celebrated with some fish and rice for lunch. it was super easy to eat so i was happy. yummy lemon fish.

in other news... the lovely lips bumps are extra painful today. joy. happy five weeks to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment