6/1 - last day at my parents' house

today was my last day at my mom's house. it's bittersweet. despite my broken face, incredible pain, bloody nose and eating/drinking issues i've enjoyed my time there. i was able to spend some quality time with lots of family.

i can't express how grateful i am to have such a great family. my mom has been the best! there is no way i could have done this without her. yea, i was probably not the best of patients. i did my fair share of whining and pushing back when told to take my pills. i am sure that at some point mom got tired of rinsing out syringes, sippy cups and the blender. seems like we were always in the kitchen washing or blending something.

so i suggest making sure that you find that one person that can be your nurse, cheerleader and best friend thru a jaw surgery adventure. mine just happened to be my mom. lucky me! :)

we made a last grocery shopping trip. i wanted some help trying to get everything i may need for the next two weeks. i'll have to make a quick trip tomorrow for milk and fresh fruit. but i wanted to buy all the heavy stuff, like all the cans of soup.

it took awhile to pack everything. took some timing loading the car as well. i still can't get over how quickly i get tired.

i made the hour long drive home. that was a little weird. it was the first time to drive since the morning of my surgery.

i was extra lucky to have my bestie and her husband (honorary bestie) come over when i got home. they helped me unload everything and get settled. i had some seriously heavy things. you are not supposed to lift anything heavy or do anything that may make you clinch you jaws. it's weird how often you do it without even knowing it. so like i said, i am super lucky that my friends came over.

man what a long and exhausting day. i got settled in, showered and met up with my old buddy... my couch. good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment