6/2 - sunday funday

12:05pm mince meat lip
well, today is the first day on my own. so far it's been fine. i was a little nervous this morning taking my pills. but i was a big girl and took them no problem. i made some coffee and was lazy for breakfast. i drank a special K vanilla shake. it was yummy, no egg and cheese biscuit... but it will do.
 
i fired up the computer and took care of some things i have been ignoring. back to the real world i suppose.
 
went out for some girly time with my bestie after lunch. got a pedicure and went clothes shopping. it was good to get out and be in public. my face feels like a big balloon. so i think people are going to stare. but i didn't notice anyone looking at me. :) i do feel a little guilty when people smile at me. i can't smile back. i try and probably look silly. i did have to talk to the sales clerk and the woman that did my nails. so that is encouraging. i think they understood me. haha
i went to the grocery store for the last few cold/fresh groceris that i need for the week. by the time i got home i was exhausted. did a few things around the house... now i'm back on the couch. the countdown has begun.

i will be goign back to work tomorrow. i am sure it will be a little weird, but needs to be done. gotta pay the rent. i have a feeling i'll be tired and might have to drink some coffee in the afternoon.

in other news...

- my lips hurt super bad again today. they are so tender becasue of rubbing against the rubber bands. and are trying to heal from being incredible puffy last week. being swollen forced them to mold around the bands, brackets and extra surgical hooks that i have in my mouth. so i puff air  around my teeth to push them away from all the madness. it feels better for a few seconds.
- i had some stiches fall out last night. that was weird. a couple little knots fell out. then this straight peice about an inch long came out. HELPFUL TID-BIT... be sure to have some tweasers on hand. that long peice of stitch got a little lodged betweenmy teeth. that was extremely freaky. i did not want that going inside my mouth at all!! i only imagined it getting stuck on theback of my throat. so i grabbed a pair of tweasers and pull it out. i don't think i would have been able to pull it out only using my fingers. so carry tweasers with you!!
- still puffy all the way up to my eyes. still numb in spots.
- pieces of lip are still falling off
- for some reason i have had a headache today.
 -  i drank out of a water bottle today. it wasn't easy and i did it slowly. but i managed to do it wihtout spilling it all over myself. thats good... being that i was in public. think i'll go back to my sippy cups and cup with the little mouth peice. at least until i can really use my upper lip.
-  my skin around my nose isn't happy for some reason.

i have to figure out my menu for work tomorrow. i have to pack up eveything including all my eating/drinking "tools" and some extra meds in case i need them throughout the day.

well, gonna settle down for the night.  until tomorrow...
5:47pm



No comments:

Post a Comment