6/10 - Monday blow out! (3-weeks)

well, i had a rough morning. i woke up on my side. you are not supposed to do that. my awake brain knows to sleep on my back. my sleeping brain says "what the hell, turn on your side. it's more comfortable." then i wake up...  and my awake brain says - "that hurt like hell."

i wish they could get on the same page. took a little longer to get out of bed.

today marks three weeks. yay!! can't believe it. my mouth still hurts like hell. i'm still swollen and numb. my lips and cheeks are mince meat. but i can tell an improvement over all for sure.

here's this week's video. enjoy!
 
i used my water pic for the first time. not sure if i am officially cleared to use it. but i did. turned it on the lowest setting and was really careful. it felt great afterwards. everything felt clean.
 
in other news - it's my mom's birthday today. so we took her to an Italian place for some pasta and such. i couldn't eat it. boo.but i did take itsy-bitsy pieces of the bread stick and dip them in the salad dressing. i then shoved them in like i was taking a pill. was nice. it was great having a different taste in my mouth then potatoes or soup. i ordered mashed potatoes, but couldn't really eat them. i tried using a baby spoon. but i couldn't coordinate my mouth opening so slightly at the right time to shove it in. i gave up.

we then walked over for ice cream. that i made work :)  i ordered a kiddie size. i asked the lady to put it in the microwave for a bit to soften it up for me. BINGO!! and the best part - i used one of the tasting spoons to "eat" it with.







i basically held out my bottom lip and poured it in. then after a little slurping and drooling i managed to get some in my mouth and between my closed teeth. heaven i tell you!!  mom helped keep the ice cream off my face. i was a mess.
 
  

 
some more face/lip photos..
 
 
not sure what the hell my hair is doing. looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket. haha and you can see a grey hair perfectly on one of the side views.

 
 
 
 
 
tonight's mince meat pictures show the odd things my lip is doing. lumps of sore flesh everywhere. perfectly in line with the brackets and such. so weird. some days it's puffier and more tender than others.
 
 


i was a mess, but you know what - i really didn't give a shit. the ice cream was awesome.
spending time and having fun with the family was perfect!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment