6/18 - fun with no bands... at least for a couple hours

i don't have much to report today. just some more exciting stuff like baby spoons and opening my mouth. i'm getting super bored of soups and ensure milky drinks. so for lunch today i had turkey chili without beans. i blended it up this morning to make sure the chunks were pretty small. i sat at my desk at work and ate it all. it was incredibly messy. i went through a ton of napkins. but i was so thrilled to be using utensils instead of a sippy cup or a bottle with a rubber tip. i just wish o could feel my upper lip. or at least control it better. but oh well. baby steps i suppose.
 
i did manage to eat a piece of chocolate for the first time since surgery. i was so excited to try this since i can open my mouth for brief periods of time now. well... it didn't go all well as i had hoped. it took about 15 minutes to get thru that damn thing. i can't chew so technically it should just melt in my mouth. well, dark chocolate didn't  melt like that. i couldn't really roll it around in my mouth to help it dissolve because the roof of my mouth it still numb. and it felt just too weird. all-in-all i learned my lesson. i must wait until my roof isn't numb. counting the days. really. 
here's today's funny. i was cleaning out my purse and came across this little coupon that i received the last time i was shopping at Kroger. i guess i'm some sort of frequent buyer of soups. haha! no, thank you Campbell's!!
and last on my spoon eating frenzy today... ice cream with caramel sauce. great way to end the big day. i cleaned my face and lip up then had to put the bands back on their hooks. and just like that... tension and pain. bam.





No comments:

Post a Comment