6/3 - Monday, back at work, two weeks!!

it was a slow morning. everything takes longer to do. brushing my teeth at least tripled in time. and I can't bend over and flip my hair upside down to dry it. I tried. ouch. lots of pressure built up around my jaws. weird. even walking the dog took longer. guess ill get up earlier tomorrow. 

I also packed up lunch and snack stuff. I took the lazy route today on lunch. I just opened a can of my favorite tomato soup. I strained the basil flakes out, then bottled it up for transport. 

work went pretty well. I think I talked too much. I hurt more than usual tonight. caught up on emails and some projects. my boss wanted me to leave at noon. wanted me to kind of take it easy and not over do it. I ended up staying until 3pm. :) I just got on a roll and wanted to finish what I was working on. 

oh, and if you are like me and rest your head in your hand while sitting at your desk beware... can't really do that after jaw surgery. it was amazing how many times I went to do it out of habit. 

I came home and promptly washed my super shiny and sore face. I changed into my lounge around comfy clothes. I decided to rest a little on the couch. I ended up falling asleep for a two hour nap. yikes. guess I may have over done it a little today. 

I blended my soup for tomorrow's lunch- chicken enchilada. yay! thought I would do it tonight to save some time in the morning. I was going to eat chicken and dumplings tonight. too tired. protein drink it is.  

CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN TWO WEEks!!!
my how the time flies when you are having fun. :)

ready for work this morning



TID-BITS:
i pulled out some oral gel numbing medicine last night. my upper lip is so messed up. I had to find some relief. thank god I had some on hand. I carried it to work with me today as well. used it twice. :) I would suggest adding that to your box of medicines. 
- glad I took my funnel to work. I was able to make a cup of coffee and pour it cleanly into my mustard bottle. haha
- still numb all the way up face cheeks to about an inch right below my eyes. felt weird this morning putting on my eye team.
- I have been taking my weight everyday. I'm a little scared of losing too much weight. as of this morning I have lost nearly 10 pounds. I don't feel any different and my jeans still fit the same. not sure where the pounds are falling off. time will tell.

best thing ever sold over the counter...


No comments:

Post a Comment