5/28 - one week doctor follow-up and then some...

i had my one-week follow-up with the surgeon today. it went well. i was super nervous though. i just knew that he was going to want to adjust the bands or touch my stitches area. my inner lips and cheeks are so raw that just moving my lips around is taxing. i like to blow air in my mouth to get them away from all the metal and rubber. it provides some instant relief.
 
ok, back to my doctor appointment news... he did looks around in my mouth. but he used these little cotton squab things. so it wasn't too bad. i had to laugh though. he asked me to open at one point. i wasn't sure if he meant my lips or my jaws. haha. he meant jaws. so i had to open and show him that i could move with the bands. that was a bit unnerving. i still can;t really tell how much i'm opening my jaws. so no telling what he saw.
 
i asked about my stitches. we never discussed that before. guess we forgot. i told him that i have no idea what is going on up there. dis-solvable stitches or the kind you have to have removed. i told him that i haven't explored it at all, just left it alone. he kinda chuckled and quickly told me "oh, don't explore" as if to tell me that i wouldn't like what i found. haha
 
he told me there were at least 15 stitches. he didn't really count. he also said that there was a baseball-type of stitch. cool baseball! i think i might look later. just maybe.
 
he said he really likes the way my bite is and everything looks great. he didn't want to change the bands or anything. he said he may need to trim any stitches next appointment that are hanging or anything. YAY!
 
he even told me that i could start brushing a little. he told me to get one of those toddler brushes and use a little of the medicated rinse. i can officially start brushing what i feel comfortable brushing. i just have to be careful. i'm thrilled.
 
i made my two-week appointment and we left. :)
 


 
after we got home i celebrated with a great lunch - cheese beer soup and bar-b-que chicken. yea, that's right. BBQ chicken... canned chicken, broth and some bbq sauce. it blended up nicely.
that afternoon i finished the candy puzzle. i know, you were wondering. :) earlier that week my brother hid a piece of the puzzle. i was in on the the little prank. that afternoon we had fun with it. fingers were being pointed as to who has it. everyone was blaming everyone else. my dad swore the puzzle makers didn't package it correctly. mom just knew my nephew had done it. it was like watching a TV sitcom or something. later when my brother came to pick up my nephew he let everyone in on the gag. too funny.
 
in other news... my flowers still look good. i trimmed them and took out some of the dead ones. i even made a couple extra little arrangements with them for other places in the house. :)
that evening i was able to make it out to my nephew's baseball game. i was super tired, but it was fun. i am not sure if this is the vicodin talking... but i thought it was highly ironic and super funny that i was sitting at a baseball game with baseball stitches in my mouth.
 
and to those wondering... here's my new best friend. man it felt good to brush. i focused on the back teeth. i know there are no stitches back there. and plus that is where i have been forcing all the food and drinks to go. i also brushed the bottom front ones. i was too afraid to go near the top stitches-zone. no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment