5/21 - day two in the hospital

good morning... it wasn't so great. my jaws did this weird clanking thing a couple times during the night. i woke up to my jaw actually being in the "wrong" spot. i manually moved my bottom jaw back in place. not sure how to move it around on my own yet. :)
breakfast came - apple juice, yogurt, boost, milk, coffee and cream of wheat. it was another juice and boost meal. mom tried the coffee.

look ma - doing it myself. yea, mom did help actually getting the juice in the syringe. but i was able to work this odd contraption. super yummy. it was weird though. you have to shove the little rubber tip to the back of your mouth on the side. then press the plunger and drink all in a smooth motion. if you don't you end up getting it all over you. haha 
 
here's my morning face shot. taken at 7:56am. i noticed a acquired a new little bo-bo between my eyes right above my nose. not sure what they did to me in that OR room. haha but it hurts and is swelling just like everything on my face. 

time to take some meds!! love that little syringe. :)                   
 
so a little later the doctor came in the check on me. he said i was doing well enough to go home. whoo hoo! he kept saying that i could rest better at home. no joke. there was someone coming in every hour it seemed to do something.
 
at any rate. i asked some questions. he asked some questions then said i'm good to go. he would put in for my release. i have to go directly to his office so he could fully examine everything and take some new x-rays.
 
i asked to see his socks. black with little bunny/crossbones. awesome!
 
i asked him some other important things -
- asked about all the tension and weird things my bottom jaw is doing. he said that was totally normal and not to worry.
- my bloody nose was fine. not enough to throw up any red flags
- said it was OK to use my allergy nose spray if i needed to. yay. i was worried about.
- was ok to open my mouth enough to push little pills into

No comments:

Post a Comment