1/8 - $$$$$$$$

no pictures today. just a little update of my mental state!

so i had a mini freak-out today. i talked to my surgeon's insurance coordinator. she told me what the cost of the surgery will be. they have to document the surgeon's treatment plan then submit it all to my insurance. then they take about a month to review my case and inform me and my surgeon how much they will cover. then it's up to me to pay the remaining balance.

the total she quoted me includes all of his services, his assistant surgeon, scans, tests, my splint and post-op appointments. i then also have to pay the hospital fees. i won't know those until about a month prior to the actual surgery.

the reason i am freaking out is that i am seriously committed to this. no turning back.

and for those wonder what it costs to have your upper jaw professional broken... $12,000. and the best part is that the surgery has to be paid for all up front. so i have until may to get that figured out. 

oh, and then there is the cost of braces. don't forget that tid-bit. luckily they have a payment plan that doesn't charge any interest or anything. and my insurance only covers $1000 of the total orthodontist fees. better than nothing i guess. :)

after all this is done, i could have bought a new car. but i am going to try my best not to get too hung up on the dollar amounts. there is always a solution. just need to sort it all out.

so i am asking everyone to cross their fingers, say a little prayer and send any good-feeling vibes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment