1/16 - two month mark!

today marks my two month "anniversary" of getting braces. two months into the 12-month adventure. i've learned a lot over the past two months:


1) when the orthodontist said my teeth are going to get worse before they get better, she wasn't lying. the gap in the front is different.
2) there are teeth that now touch when i close my mouth that didn't touch before
3) that i want to punch everyone that says, "oh, you got braces"-  i didn't get braces, i committed to having my jaw broken. i committed to having brackets and screws added to my face
4) a sign of not drinking enough water is when i wake up and my cheeks are oddly embedded into the bracket/wore
5) i still can't chew very well.
6) braces hurt. i didn't remember them hurting this bad before. maybe the fact that i am an adult instead of a young person has something to do with it.
7) i am officially scared. but will manage. i know this is all worth it.

umm... i could go on. i'll save some for later. 

1 comment:

  1. You manage to make an dreadful experience funny! Can't wait to follow along. Only 10 more months to go :)

    ReplyDelete