1/29 - pain and weird dreams

so... I decided to try to eat a turkey burger today at lunch without cutting it up. well, lets just say that I won't be doing that again in a long time. my teeth hurt. the only thing that I can say to help anyone understand this pain... you know after you ride your bike 50+ miles and your quads hurt like hell two days later?? well my teeth/gums hurt like I rode 50+ miles. and the pain-day of, no waiting for the fun. geez. it's the little things I suppose. lets just say a knife and fork is where it's at.

now, onto my weird dream. so I wake up last night in a terrible night sweat. I was dreaming about my surgery. I envisioned the surgeon coming at me with a giant needle and saying "oh this will help with the pain".... OMG. he proceeded to do his thing with all sorts of crazy sharp surgeon tools and such. the whole time I was completely awake. I clearly remember the weird pain I had when he shot my cheeks full of medicine. it was supposed to numb everything. I don't remember feeling pain. but I remember everything else. I can still hear the saw sound and bone crunching sounds. i could hear the screwdriver driving in the plate screws. I can even sorta feel him pulling this gnarly thread thru my gums in his effort to sew me up.

man. I woke up in a serious sweat and freak-out state. I can only be thankful that I didn't take any sleeping aids before I went to my slumber state. who knows. I probably wouldn't have been able to wake up. aggh. that would have been insane. no telling what that crazy doctor would have done.

and now... off to try to sleep. I'm brave. ha-ha. I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment