11/14 - being proactive and last pre-braces meal

so... figured since the orthodontist will be filling my mouth with all sorts of metal I should make sure it's clean. the thought of not being to really floss is a bit disturbing. but, having had braces before I know I'll be fine.

great news - dentist is able to fit me in even though it's super late notice. YAY!! time to get clean. just trying to be a little proactive, or at least a responsible adult.

Went for the cleaning. i stopped off in the bathroom before my visit. When i walked in there was my dentist washing her hands. aggh. didn't need to see that. she's about to put her fingers in my mouth. i know, she'll have gloves on and she WAS washing her hands. but now that's all i can think about. Hopefully this isn't some sort of foreshadowing or something.

I had class tonight. My dinner was courtesy of Glassell vending machine. Thought I'd get some caramel and sugar in before I start this braces-friendly diet tomorrow morning. Yea yea... just had my teeth cleaned. there goes that "responsible adult" plan. but man, that caramel was fantastic!

I did indeed fact buy a water pik yesterday - another step in trying to be proactive. i read that they are the best tool to have after getting braces. i have a feeling that this little guy is going to be my new best friend.



But then i called on my dear trusted friend and i finally went to bed knowing that i have made the best decision in the long run! 












No comments:

Post a Comment